Cleankill Pest Control - a small company with a big heart
We believe a business must be responsible to its customers, its employees and the communities we live and work among. Business success must be measured by more than profits and we work to ensure that we contribute positively to our community.
Being responsible is at the heart of our business strategy. We focus on a number of different areas, including:
- Community engagement
- Training and recruitment within our local communities
- Supporting local organisations
- Supply chain management and business sustainability.
In simple terms, we try to recruit locally, buy locally, support locally, and we think of the impact our work has on the environment and community, locally.
We support a number of local organisations by:
- Providing school talks on subjects as diverse as ‘Minibugs’ and ‘Effective Communication in the Workplace’
- Sponsoring local sports organisations, including: youth tennis coaching; a youth female football team and the ABS Racing motorbike side-car team
- Supporting wildlife organisations. As a company we have helped the Bat Conservation Trust install bat boxes, while our Service Manager, Chris Davies, is currently secretary of the Sussex Ornithological Society
- Fundraising for local charities, including homeless charity St. Mungo’s Broadway
- Managing Director, Paul Bates, has been a Cub Leader for 33 years, a fact recognised when he was awarded of the Chief Scout’s Medal of Merit for Outstanding Service to Scouting.
Cleankill and Tadworth Court
We have a very special association with the Children’s Trust facility at Tadworth Court.
Over the years, we have:
- Funded the redecoration and actively helped redecorate the dining areas
- Raised funds through our Facebook page
- Individual staff members have undertaken fundraising efforts. For example, one member of staff raised £450 through a charity parachute jump
- Staff have given their time to help the charity raise extra funds. For example, director Clive Bury acted as a marshal at the Children’s Trust’s “Supercar Event”. This event raised in excess of £150,000 for this vital charity
- For every completed independent customer survey, we donate 50p to the charity
- As individuals and as a business, we believe that being a responsible part of our community is vital to success of the business.